jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr remoting over webdav
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:32:45 GMT
please anybody correct me if i am wrong,

i barely have an idea of what i am talking about:
> I also like it, but isn't Slide doing this, except that Slide
> doesn't use JCR but something similar? If so, wouldn't it make sense to
> bring Slide into play here?

we tried to use the slide webdav server and found it
very much tied into the slide backend, as far as
i remember even in the sense that there were things
that you could do with webdav that were not exposed
in the public slide api.

i think in the end we initially used remy's webdav
servlet from tomcat as the basis for an initial
hack-up for the webdav interface for
http://jsr170tools.day.com, but in the meantime i
believe it was all refactored ;)

the slide webdav client looked much more isolated
and therefore might lend itself as the basis for such
an implementation.

just my 0.02$... comments?

regards,
david