jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JTA support
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:17:44 GMT
> This is what I was trying to explain: before a transactional resource is
> handed out to a client, an application server will associate its global
> transaction with the resource (i.e. invoke XAResource.start). The client
> will invoke methods on the non-XA part of the resource and at the end of
> the request, the application server will disassociate the resource (i.e.
> invoke XAResource.end) before eventually committing or rolling back
> changes on all resources involved in the global transaction. Since your
> sample scenario is not described as part of the JTA specification, I
> wouldn't count on it not to throw...
i see... and i can completely understand that for container managed
transactions...

i somehow must be confusing a relation between the XAResource.start()
and the javax.transaction.UserTransaction.begin() (or possibly the
javax.resource.spi.LocalTransaction.begin()), in which cases i would
have expected the user to begin the transaction at an arbitrary timeframe.

so, if i understand you correctly the .begin() would not call the .start()?

regards,
david