jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is implemented in jackrabbit ?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:12:59 GMT
hi julien,

>> but HA/clustering support is certainly something worth looking at
>> once jackrabbit is stable.
> yes, it's not because the spec does not mention it that it cant be done.
> if you look at the whole j2ee spec, the servlet spec is the only one
> that talks a bit about it (tag distributable),
> however most j2ee vendors supports it.

agreed. i would even go further and say that
repository clustering is probably a very frequent
requirement that should be on the roadmap of
any enterprise class repository.

i guess what stefan was talking about was the following
mechanism that is mandated by the jcp:

to get a final approval of jsr-170 we need to have a reference
implementation that passes 100% of the tck.
and i would argue that before the spec is finalized we (day
software at least in the role of the spec-lead) will have to
focus our work on getting the reference implementation to
pass 100% of the tck (and to get the tck developed in the
first place), which only means that we as the spec lead
are in the weird position to have a list of priorities which
is indicated by jcp.
which of course is not applicable for anybody else.

of course anybody in the jackrabbit community is
very welcome contribute many excellent features
to jackrabbit which are outside the spec (like
wolfgangs jdbc suggestion).

regards,
david

.ps: also people might want to be cautious with
massive extensions until the spec is finally
approved just to save on redo work...