jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JTA support
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:24:17 GMT
hi guys,

> > folks,
> > as you might have noticed i have just committed a large chunk
> > of code. this is the first implementation of transaction support (JTA)
> > in jackrabbit!
>
> I'm big time lacking behind in catching up with the current status, but
> this is excellent news indeed. Thanks *so* much Dominique!
i just did some simple testing. i first successfully committed
a substancial tree modification with multiple save()'s and then in
a second go did the same operation but rolled it back.

both worked beautifully.

i found that i had to make sure that i had to acquire
and also release nodes inside the transaction for
it to work properly, which means that i cannot
use references to nodes that span into or out
of a transaction. is my observation correct?

so, ...

getRootNode()
start()
save()