jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Wiki for Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:35:53 GMT
Hi,

On 22 Oct 2004, at 20:12, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I'll create the wiki when I have time to do so (sometime today).

Cool, thanks.

> However, I don't want to see a bunch of crap posted on a wiki that
> belongs in the real documentation.  Why can't folks just post patches
> to the xdocs?

That's a bit harsh.

Wikis have proven themselves time after time as a great way for rapid
prototyping of documentation. Patches to xdocs doesn't offer the
instant gratification of wikis, or the ability to edit/review/edit in
such a tight circle.

Granted, wikis are -not- ideal for long-term documentation, but until a
smooth wiki->xdocs path (or even wiki editor for xdocs) is available, I
think we need to accept the place of wikis in the world.

So thanks, Michael, for pursuing this.

I guess I should start writing some docs now ;-)

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/