jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migrated jackrabbit to version 0.15 of the spec
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:20:00 GMT
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:51:13 +0100, Andy Bowes
<andy.bowes@scientiasolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan
>
> I believe that there are several crucial changes that have been made since
> the last public version of the specification that could seriously affect how
> you design and define the structure of the content in the repository.

it's not that we want to keep the api secret but we're actually prevented
from distributing it by JCP rules. at least that's my understanding, but i
am not lawyer.

i agree that this is a problem and we have to figure out something
to work around it.

> For example, in v0.12 it states that a document can be assigned to one or
> more parents and so multiple paths could be used to fetch a particular
> content item e.g. '/categories/category1/image1.gif' and 'images/image1.gif'
> could both reference the same physical content item.  My understanding is
> that the ability to assign more than one parent to an item has been removed
> from the specification and that this functionality is now implemented via
> 'references' (which seem to be similar to 'Links' in Slide) but that
> references are basically properties of parent item rather than a child item
> and so do not generate paths in the same manner.
>
> When is the next public release of the JSR due or are we now going to be in
> a state of limbo until the final release ?

as i already stated earlier in this thread:
<quote>
the next version available to the public will be the proposed final draft
(which we hope to have ready by the end of the year).
</quote>

stefan