jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:46:39 GMT
hi wolfgang

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:45:24 +0200, Wolfgang Gehner
<wgehner@infonoia.com> wrote:
> Hi there, we're getting our feet wet with Jackrabbit.
>
> We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.

contributions are always welcome :)

> Based on the DAO pattern, with (Apache) iBatis sql-maps for easy swapping
> of SQL depending on database platform. With iBatis, adapting to different db
> implementations (and db schemata) is a cinch! We've distributed a
> Tomcat-DAO-iBatis-PostgreSQL stack in 4000 copies in the past, and it
> works beautifully.
>
> We guess there would be a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.db package. And
> repository.xml dtd would have to be augmented to add nodes other
> than "FileSystem".

i would suggest a package org.apache.core.state.db. i think you don't need
to modify the repository.xml dtd. all you have to do is to write your
own PersistenceManager implementation. the PersistenceManager has
currently only 10 methods for loading/storing/destroying objects
identified by unique id's.

writing a jdbc-based PersistenceManager should be straight forward as
jackrabbit's persistence model is really geared to record-based
persistence.

the PersistenceManager instance can be configured in the workspace.xml with
'param' elements (name/value pairs), i.e. you could specifiy the datasource,
user-id etc.

cheers
stefan