jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started - Tests fail
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:57:57 GMT
hi rolf
i changed the repository config layout and this screwed up the junit
tests, sorry.

i fixed that and the junit tests now succeed with the exception of the
query related tests. they will be fixed asap, for now you can just
ignore them ;)

regarding how to get started, i would sugest the following:

1. if you're new to jsr 170, i suggest you take a look at the spec that you can
   download from http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr170/.
   this is the last version that wascurrently publicly available; it
is slightly outdated
   but most of it is still valid.
2. to see a live demo of jackrabbit, point your browser to
http://jsr170tools.day.com
    (any login will do ;). this is a webapp that is using jackrabbit.
3. if you want to get your hands dirty i suggest you take a look at
    org.apache.jackrabbit.core.Test.java.

   clients should get the Repository instance through jndi lookup.

   the repository is instantiated and registered with a call to
   org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.RegistryHelper.registerRepository()

  a repository can also be manually instantiated with
  new RepositoryImpl(RepositoryConfig.create()). note that a client
  should never manually instantiate the repository.

  RepositoryConfig.create() takes a path to the configuration file.
  see src/conf/repository.xml for an example.

hope this helps to get you started with the implementation.

cheers
stefan