jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Pfister <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: JTA support
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:38:57 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:
> i somehow must be confusing a relation between the XAResource.start()
> and the javax.transaction.UserTransaction.begin() (or possibly the
> javax.resource.spi.LocalTransaction.begin()), in which cases i would
> have expected the user to begin the transaction at an arbitrary timeframe.
> so, if i understand you correctly the .begin() would not call the .start()?

Of course, there is a relation between UserTransaction.begin and
XAResource.start, no doubt about that.

However, after having taken a closer look at some samples in the EJB
specification (EJB 2.1, p. 366ff) illustrating bean-managed transaction
demarcation, I should probably revise my opinion and invest some more
time in the JCR's JTA support to make it work also with the scenarios
you have described.

View raw message