jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:21:30 GMT
Wolfgang Gehner wrote:

> Hi there, we're getting our feet wet with Jackrabbit.
>
> We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.
>
> Based on the DAO pattern, with (Apache) iBatis sql-maps for easy swapping of SQL depending
on database platform. With iBatis, adapting to different db implementations (and db schemata)
is a cinch! We've distributed a Tomcat-DAO-iBatis-PostgreSQL stack in 4000 copies in the past,
and it works beautifully.

> We guess there would be a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.db package. And repository.xml dtd
would have to be augmented to add nodes other than "FileSystem".

> Please share your comments and suggestions,

I say: bring it on! :-)

--
Stefano.