jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Wiki for Jackrabbit
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:07:20 GMT
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 19:32, Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>>Andrew Savory wrote:
>>

>>>Granted, wikis are -not- ideal for long-term documentation, but until
>>>a smooth wiki->xdocs path (or even wiki editor for xdocs) is
>>>available, I think we need to accept the place of wikis in the world.
>>>

>>btw, there is a proposal on a smooth wiki -> xdocs path
>>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Doco
>>

>Yes, but this is vision. Nobody has yet rolled his sleeves to write a
>line of code for that.

well, I started some time ago with implementing a Wiki Doctype into
Lenya which then would allow simple transformation into XDoc, but I
never found the time to finish it. But I really hope to make some
progress this November.

Also I once tried to get my hands dirty on James in order to connect it
to the workflow engine of Lenya. IIRC the mail-workflow concept was
originally suggested by Stefano and I believe that it would really get
things going, because mailing lists are still the glue of an
ansynchronous global dev community. Also the character of watchdog mails
have proven to be very successful for Wiki like CMS. AFAIK Wikipedia is
using them.

But I could definitely need some help there.

--
Michael Wechner