jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pruss...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wiki for Jackrabbit
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:31:56 GMT
On 23 Oct 2004, at 01:27, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Wikis have proven themselves time after time as a great way for rapid
>> prototyping of documentation. Patches to xdocs doesn't offer the
>> instant gratification of wikis, or the ability to edit/review/edit in
>> such a tight circle.
> They have proven themselves time after time to be a great way to
> waste the productive efforts of people who expect their musings on
> the wiki to live long enough to make it into the real documentation,
> [...]

Okay, I think we've made it clear that we have two very polarised views
of Wikis here. Can I suggest a pragmatic solution? Shall we put a note
on the front page of the Wiki making it clear that the Wiki is /not/ an
appropriate place for project documentation, but that it can be used to
build ideas in a collaborative way, and to give /users/ (not
developers) a place to keep 'annotations' to the main documentation
(e.g. their experiences etc).

Paul

--
Paul Russell