jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Public NodeType Library (pntl)
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:18:39 GMT
On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 12:48, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> My idea is to describe the concept of workflow using OWL/RDF.
>
> Lets say we have (OWL) classes: WorkflowEvent, WorkflowState and
> WorkflowTransition. Instances of those are attached as meta information
> to a document node, however.

Having that said, the OWL approach goes on with describing the concept
of a general state machine with OWL/RDF. This is then extended/used for
the workflow concept. We in Lenya land have made good experience with
modeling the workflow as a state machine. It is simple and still
flexible.

Would this make sense?

--
Rolf Kulemann