jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Gehner" <wgeh...@infonoia.com>
Subject Jackrabbit JDBC repository contribution
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:45:24 GMT
Hi there, we're getting our feet wet with Jackrabbit.

We would like to contribute a JDBC Repository Implementation.

Based on the DAO pattern, with (Apache) iBatis sql-maps for easy swapping of SQL depending
on database platform. With iBatis, adapting to different db implementations (and db schemata)
is a cinch! We've distributed a Tomcat-DAO-iBatis-PostgreSQL stack in 4000 copies in the past,
and it works beautifully.

We guess there would be a org.apache.jackrabbit.core.db package. And repository.xml dtd would
have to be augmented to add nodes other than "FileSystem".

Please share your comments and suggestions,

Wolfgang Gehner
- co-author Struts Best Practices -

Infonoia S.A.
rue de Berne 7