jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributing the JCR API jar?
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:10:33 GMT
in my mind, and roy please correct me if i am mistaken,
the jcr.jar is distributed according to the day-jsr-license.
http://www.day.com/content/en/licenses/day-jsr-license-2.0
which essentially a jcp-ized version of the apache 2.0 license.
so i do not see any issue redistrubuting the actual jcr.jar .

i am not sure how the situation looks with building the jcr.api

regards,
david

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:40:53 +0100, Paul Russell <prussell@apache.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I was having a chat with Tim last night, and we were trying to remember
> what the rules are about distributing the actual API jar? Can anyone on
> the XG advise?
>
> The reason we were talking is that there has been some discussion about
> turning this project into a multi-project (which is the maven term for
> a project with more than one deliverable artefact). If we /did/ decide
> to pursue this, it would make building and distributing the JCR API as
> part of jackrabbit (different .jar file, obviously) trivially easy, but
> is this something we're allowed to do, or does this .jar always have to
> come from a central location somewhere?
>
> Answers on a postcard...!
>
> Paul
> --