jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rename org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr -> org.apache.jackrabbit.rep
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:35:11 GMT
> though I would prefer "api" rather than "core", because I've worked
> on a lot of systems that won't backup anything named "core".
haven't thought of that... does that even apply to "core" directories?

maybe we can come up with something else than "core"
as a name, but i think i have seen a number of java projects
using the term "core" in the package space.

since the "core" package actually hosts the implementation
and not directly the "api", the term "api" would at least
confuse me. i would expect the "api" to be in javax.jcr?
is there something that i misunderstand or

standardize your content-repository !

David Nuescheler
Chief Technology Officer
Day Software AG