jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:16:04 GMT
hi gianugo,

> I'm not a maven fan, TBH: I consider myself quite on the other
> side of the fence, but don't count this as a veto: he who does it,
> deserves it so feel free to go ahead.
please apologize my ignorance, what is the other side of the fence?
is it something similar to maven or "nothing" (meaning the normal
suspects: ant, etc...?

> On another subject, is there any kind of high level documentation
> to get acquainted with the current codebase (apart obviously from
> the spec itself)? I'm not afraid of looking straight at the code, but
> I sure ould use some generic overview. :)
there is obviously generic information on the concepts in the spec.
however, i think you are looking for some high-level documentation
on the actual implementation... would that be something like a number
"package.html" combined with an archicture drawing of the actual
implementation?

if "yes", then i am afraid that does not exist yet, i will try do come up
with something, but feel free to take notes while you go through code ;)

regards,
david