jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: please set your subversion eol properties
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:00:19 GMT
> i've noticed a quite annoying behaviour when i'm doing a svn update
> and locally modified files get updated from the server. it seems that
> svn
> doesn't try to merge the changes from the server into my working copy.
> it simply creates two conflict sections for the while file.

Was that before or after the eol-style change?  My guess is that
those were generated files that were not svn add'd, since I found
a lot of those when I did a site:deploy last night.

Maybe we should start a list of svn bugs and forward them to the
subversion developer list.

> is this because we haven't set svn:mime-type properties for text
> files, and svn assumes they're binary?

I don't think so -- when I was checking the status and looking for
eol-style properties using the "svn -v proplist *" command, it was
clear that svn is detecting the binary files correctly even without
the autoprops set.

....Roy