jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:14:48 GMT
On Sep 13, 2004, at 12:43 PM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> what do you think of "org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr.*" for the ri and
> "org.apache.jackrabbit.tck.*" for the tck? any better ideas?

Minor nit: I wouldn't label anywhere that Jackrabbit is a reference
implementation. As I said during the first discussions happened here, I
think that we should have a much broader focus than "just" being the
RI. This brings me to a minor dislike for the o.a.jackrabbit.tck
package, but I can't come up with anything better ATM.

> as the package structure needs to be changed (and the code needs to be
> refactored to reflect the new package structure), i would volunteer to
> refactor the code first and commit it to svn. does anybody object?

Well, it's difficult to find objections when someone volunteers. :-)

> btw, what should i do with the 'old' proposal code in the slide cvs?
> if nobody has any objections, i will remove
> jakarta-slide/proposals/jcrri
> (it will still be accessible in the attic).

Fine and makes sense to me.

> tim reilly has suggested a while ago that the jcrri project should be
> 'mavenized'.
> he has also offered to help convert the current project setup to maven
> style.
> i think now would be a perfect opportunity to do the conversion.
> any comments/objections?

I'm not a maven fan, TBH: I consider myself quite on the other side of
the fence, but don't count this as a veto: he who does it, deserves it
so feel free to go ahead.

On another subject, is there any kind of high level documentation to
get acquainted with the current codebase (apart obviously from the spec
itself)? I'm not afraid of looking straight at the code, but I sure
could use some generic overview. :)

Gianugo Rabellino