jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Reilly" <tim.rei...@consultant.com>
Subject RE: rename org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr -> org.apache.jackrabbit.rep
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:24:56 GMT
> [David Nuescheler wrote:]
> > [Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:]
> > isn't jackrabbit the repository? so why not simply
> org.apache.jackrabbit?
> that's what i thought too initially... but jackrabbit might be more than
> just the repository, i think also things that are really repository
> applications like the jsr-170 bindings webdavserver, the
> content-explorer an so on might fall under the jackrabbit
> project umbrella, but ar not really part of the repository
> itself, and can be used with other repository implementations.
>
> but maybe you are right and we should just use the "core"-
> folder for the repository and move everything one level up.
>
> thoughts?
+1

The Geronimo project layout also looks pretty good to me if we want layer
things that way:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/?root=Apache-SVN#dirlist

For example:

/applications (like the demo application)
       /demo
       /more...
/etc  (common project configuration checkstyle, entity files)
/modules (component break-down - one artifact:jar,zip per component)
       /core
       /more...
/xdocs (main documentation)

-TR