jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:32:45 GMT
On Sep 13, 2004, at 4:16 PM, David Nuescheler wrote:
>> I'm not a maven fan, TBH: I consider myself quite on the other
>> side of the fence, but don't count this as a veto: he who does it,
>> deserves it so feel free to go ahead.
> please apologize my ignorance, what is the other side of the fence?
> is it something similar to maven or "nothing" (meaning the normal
> suspects: ant, etc...?

Yeah, I'm perfectly satisfied with ant and with no need to mess up with
that huge beast that maven is. I have a strong opinion on software
tools: they don't deserve more than two hours of my time to get me
started (take ant: download, unzip, set ANT_HOME, rock 'n roll). Maven
took me days and still I haven't been able to build a single project,
go figure use it for my daily work. It's probably me being limited and
just unable to cope with it.

>> On another subject, is there any kind of high level documentation
>> to get acquainted with the current codebase (apart obviously from
>> the spec itself)? I'm not afraid of looking straight at the code, but
>> I sure ould use some generic overview. :)
> there is obviously generic information on the concepts in the spec.
> however, i think you are looking for some high-level documentation
> on the actual implementation... would that be something like a number
> "package.html" combined with an archicture drawing of the actual
> implementation?
>
> if "yes", then i am afraid that does not exist yet, i will try do come
> up
> with something, but feel free to take notes while you go through code
> ;)

I knew I shouldn't have asked that question. :-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino