jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Id lines and author tags
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:51:01 GMT
> talking about properties and such... we still have the cvs tags like
> $Revision: $ and $Id: $ in the source files. is there a svn
> equivalent that we can / should use?

I would prefer to delete them all.  With open source, those lines
make it harder to apply patches and maintain branches, particularly
when users store their version of the code in their own cvs/subversion
repo that has a different notion of what the value should be.

I would also like to remove all of the author tags at this time
since they have a tendency to discourage collaboration.  We should
also have something like a CHANGES or README file that credits
all of the original Day developers.

....Roy