jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial maven files
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:29:31 GMT
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:05:33 -0400, Tim Reilly
<tim.reilly@consultant.com> wrote:
> I've commited some initial maven files.
> 
> The follow is an example command line session
> (I'm using Maven 1.0 / comments in brackets)
> One caveat, I've installed the jcr.jar file into my local repository
> e.g.; on windows -
>  %userprofile%\.maven\repository\jcr-api\jars\jcr-0.14beta.jar
>  so I'm using groupId of jcr-api \ artifactId of jcr \ and version of
> 0.14beta:
> 
>  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk
> jackrabbit [initial checkout]
>  cd jackrabbit [change pwd]
>  maven eclipse [generates the eclipse IDE .project / .classpath files to
> use eclipse]
>  maven jar [currently generates ../target/jackrabbit-0.3-dev.jar based on
> artifactId and version in project.xml]

worked perfectly!

>  maven site:generate [generates a site of documention locally - browse from
> ../target/docs/index.html]

worked too, great!

>  maven ant [generates the build.xml (although, need to see what maybe
> missing in relation to stefan's build.xml]

generating the build.xml worked. see comments further below.

> 
> Outstanding mavenize issues:
> * Can anyone verify the IntelliJ files can be generated from Maven ok, then
> we can remove them from source control.

i generated the intellij files and they worked without problems. i
will remove the
existing intellij files from source control.

> * Check the generated build.xml is not missing targets/functionality that
> stefan might have had in the orig build.xml.

i generated the build.xml. it seems like everything's there. there's
only a minor problem with the jcr-0.14beta.jar. when trying to run the
ant script, i keep getting the following error:

      [get] Getting: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jcr-api/jars/jcr-0.14beta.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.IOException
      [get] Can't get http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jcr-api/jars/jcr-0.14beta.jar
 to D:\dev\jsr170\jackrabbit\target\lib\jcr-0.14beta.jar

i have copied the jar to my local repository (i.e.
%userprofile%\.maven\repository\jcr-api\jars\jcr-0.14beta.jar), but
the build script doesn't check the local rep. when i manually copy it
to target/lib, there is still the error msg but the build succeeds.

any ideas?

when this issue is resolved, i will remove the existing build.xml from
source control.

> * Quoting stefan:
>  > we also have to come up with a solution for the jcr.jar. this archive
>  > contains the compiled jcr api. as the api spec is still quite volatile,
>  > the jcr.jar will change relatively often. we will have to introduce
>  > some version number schema, e.g. jcr-0.14.1jar etc. to reflect
>  > the spec version it is based on. i am not sure if we need to deploy
>  > it on ibiblio.org so it can be used by maven. there might be legal
>  > issues in doing so. any ideas/suggestions?
> I'm open to suggestions here. To get around this atm I've just created the
> directory structure
> %userprofile%\.maven\repository\jcr-api\jars\jcr-0.14beta.jar locally using
> the jcr.jar from
> the lib directory.
> * I tried moving the items from todo.txt into tasks.xml for the maven
> task-list plugin to generate, but I must have done something wrong since
> tasks.html is blank. I'll try to find out what's going on.
> 
> Feel free to tweak things from here. Comments/Questions welcomed.

i tweaked the project.xml a little bit (removed unused libraries,
changed year etc).
i am new to maven and i have to admit that i am very impressed. cool!

cheers 
stefan

> 
> Thanks,
> -TR
> 
>

Mime
View raw message