jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:43:30 GMT
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:47:56 -0700, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> Okay, I think we are almost ready to get started.  I have put together
> Jackrabbit's incubator status page at
>
>    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jackrabbit.html

great! thanks roy.

> The code itself needs to be migrated from slide cvs to subversion.
> When that happens (probably sometime today/tomorrow, assuming I get
> the request to infrastructure tonight), it will be located at
>
>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk

i assume we want to change the package structure from
"org.apache.slide.jcr.*" to something more appropriate...

what do you think of "org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr.*" for the ri and
"org.apache.jackrabbit.tck.*" for the tck? any better ideas?

as the package structure needs to be changed (and the code needs to be
refactored to reflect the new package structure), i would volunteer to
refactor the code first and commit it to svn. does anybody object?

btw, what should i do with the 'old' proposal code in the slide cvs?
if nobody has any objections, i will remove jakarta-slide/proposals/jcrri
(it will still be accessible in the attic).

tim reilly has suggested a while ago that the jcrri project should be
'mavenized'.
he has also offered to help convert the current project setup to maven style.
i think now would be a perfect opportunity to do the conversion.
any comments/objections?

cheers
stefan