jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please set your subversion eol properties
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:31:23 GMT
> talking about properties and such... we still have the cvs tags like
> $Revision: $ and $Id: $ in the source files. is there a svn
> equivalent that we can / should use?
the keywords das subversion supports are:

LastChangedDate
This keyword describes the last time the file was known to have been
changed in the repository, and looks something like $LastChangedDate:
2002-07-22 21:42:37 -0700 (Mon, 22 Jul 2002) $. It may be abbreviated
as Date.

LastChangedRevision
This keyword describes the last known revision in which this file
changed in the repository, and looks something like
$LastChangedRevision: 144 $. It may be abbreviated as Revision or Rev.

LastChangedBy
This keyword describes the last known user to change this file in the
repository, and looks something like $LastChangedBy: harry $. It may
be abbreviated as Author.

HeadURL
This keyword describes the full URL to the latest version of the file
in the repository, and looks something like $HeadURL:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/trunk/README $. It may be abbreviated as
URL.

Id
This keyword is a compressed combination of the other keywords. Its
substitution looks something like $Id: calc.c 148 2002-07-28 21:30:43Z
sally $, and is interpreted to mean that the file calc.c was last
changed in revision 148 on the evening of July 28, 2002 by the user
sally.

Are there any that are used usually in apache projects? The simplest would be
to keep the $Id$, and maybe the $Revision$ in the @revision javadoc tag.

for our product, we also include the cvs_id as static string in the
class files, since we often have to deliver patches to customers as
.class files. using this, we can later examine by looking at the
.class file, what versions of the files they have installed. but i
think this would be unappropriate for jackrabbit.

what do you think?

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel