jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Apache Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:58:22 GMT
>> The code itself needs to be migrated from slide cvs to subversion.
>> When that happens (probably sometime today/tomorrow, assuming I get
>> the request to infrastructure tonight), it will be located at
>>
>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk
>
> i assume we want to change the package structure from
> "org.apache.slide.jcr.*" to something more appropriate...
>
> what do you think of "org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr.*" for the ri and
> "org.apache.jackrabbit.tck.*" for the tck? any better ideas?

How about "test" for the tck?  That will differentiate it from the
actual TCK (which is the packaged version that only Day can do
according to the JSPA).

> as the package structure needs to be changed (and the code needs to be
> refactored to reflect the new package structure), i would volunteer to
> refactor the code first and commit it to svn. does anybody object?

That sounds best to me.  I have created the above subversion repo
with nothing in it.  One good way to start is to propose a directory
tree structure here; e.g.,

     trunk/src/org/apache/jackrabbit/jcr
                                   +/test
          /site
          /docs

(that's just an example -- I don't know what the typical layout is for
a java project).

> btw, what should i do with the 'old' proposal code in the slide cvs?
> if nobody has any objections, i will remove
> jakarta-slide/proposals/jcrri
> (it will still be accessible in the attic).

okay

> tim reilly has suggested a while ago that the jcrri project should be
> 'mavenized'.
> he has also offered to help convert the current project setup to maven
> style.
> i think now would be a perfect opportunity to do the conversion.
> any comments/objections?

I think maven demands a particular directory structure as well.
I would prefer to use maven for this project given its usefulness for
redistributing the library to client apps.

....Roy