jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: please set your subversion eol properties
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:33:04 GMT
>>talking about properties and such... we still have the cvs tags like
>>$Revision: $ and $Id: $ in the source files. is there a svn
>>equivalent that we can / should use?
>
> the keywords das subversion supports are:
>
> LastChangedDate
> This keyword describes the last time the file was known to have been
> changed in the repository, and looks something like $LastChangedDate:
> 2002-07-22 21:42:37 -0700 (Mon, 22 Jul 2002) $. It may be abbreviated
> as Date.
>
> LastChangedRevision
> This keyword describes the last known revision in which this file
> changed in the repository, and looks something like
> $LastChangedRevision: 144 $. It may be abbreviated as Revision or Rev.
>
> LastChangedBy
> This keyword describes the last known user to change this file in the
> repository, and looks something like $LastChangedBy: harry $. It may
> be abbreviated as Author.
>
> HeadURL
> This keyword describes the full URL to the latest version of the file
> in the repository, and looks something like $HeadURL:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/trunk/README $. It may be abbreviated as
> URL.
>
> Id
> This keyword is a compressed combination of the other keywords. Its
> substitution looks something like $Id: calc.c 148 2002-07-28 21:30:43Z
> sally $, and is interpreted to mean that the file calc.c was last
> changed in revision 148 on the evening of July 28, 2002 by the user
> sally.
>
> Are there any that are used usually in apache projects? The simplest would be
> to keep the $Id$, and maybe the $Revision$ in the @revision javadoc tag.
>
> for our product, we also include the cvs_id as static string in the
> class files, since we often have to deliver patches to customers as
> .class files. using this, we can later examine by looking at the
> .class file, what versions of the files they have installed. but i
> think this would be unappropriate for jackrabbit.
>
> what do you think?

I think Id and Revision make sense. I guess that means we should extend
the local subversion config to something like:

[auto-props]
*.java = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords='Id Revision'
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords='Id Revision'
*.html = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords='Id Revision'

### .... more auto-props

and add the svn:keywords property to already existing files.

thoughts?

regards
  marcel