jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: rename org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr -> org.apache.jackrabbit.rep
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:24:19 GMT
On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:35 PM, David Nuescheler wrote:
>> though I would prefer "api" rather than "core", because I've worked
>> on a lot of systems that won't backup anything named "core".
> haven't thought of that... does that even apply to "core" directories?

It does at UCI -- it depends on how the backup programs work.

> maybe we can come up with something else than "core"
> as a name, but i think i have seen a number of java projects
> using the term "core" in the package space.
>
> since the "core" package actually hosts the implementation
> and not directly the "api", the term "api" would at least
> confuse me. i would expect the "api" to be in javax.jcr?
> is there something that i misunderstand or misinterpret?

That's right too, but I don't know what to call the implementation
of an API.  If other java folks are using "core", then go ahead.

We could always call it "burrow" or "hole" (where rabbits live).

Anyway, don't wait for the perfect name -- just go with what you like
for now.

....Roy