jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: site directory
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:37:53 GMT
> Sorry to have done that Roy, however siteDirectory = docs didn't seem
> right
> for what I was thinking about using maven's site:deploy.

Yes, maven doesn't normally work the way we need it to work.  The
site:deploy method to fs is better than directly generating into docs,
though, since it makes experimentation a little easier.  Also, the
last thing I want is to have someone accidentally use Maven's ssh copy
to incubator and wipe out the live site with whatever happens to be
in their personal, unreviewed copy of jackrabbit.

If having docs in the main trunk makes the download too big, I could
split it off into a separate incubator-site module.  Personally, I
prefer to tag docs at the same time as tagging releases.

....Roy