jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: maven site:deploy
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:15:30 GMT
> currently we have 2 conflicting styles of deploying the sites
> as far as i can tell.

yeah, miscommunication.

> roy added the "docs" directory, where i assumed that
> someone would put the website using maven
> site:generate and then copy it into the target
> using site:deploy and then committing everything
> into svn, from where anyone with www-permissions
> (roy) would pick it up and put things online.
>
> it seems now that tim thought of another way
> to deploy with respect to the changes of
> <siteDirectory>/www/incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/docs/</
> siteDirectory>

Tim did not know that Apache policy is to have all websites committed
to cvs or subversion *after* generation so that we can track down
changes if a jerk breaks into the system. The committed docs directory
is checked-out from anonymous svn at

    /www/incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/

so the changes that Tim made are consistent with normal Maven style
but inconsistent with how Apache websites are supposed to work.

> should i still commit the results back into the
> "docs" directory?
> if yes, i think we might want to change the siteDirectory back to
> <siteDirectory>docs</siteDirectory>

yes.

....Roy