isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 2.0.0-M2 Released
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:21:27 GMT
Hi Josh,

Short answer: yes.

The plan for 2.0.0 is to make the backend persistence properly pluggable.
Already in this milestone you'll see that you can run with either DN 4.x
(JDO) or DN 5.1 (JDO), so the beginnings of the required infrastructure is
there.

But we want to go further than this.  In one direction, this is to support
DN with the JPA API also.  But we also want to be able to run Spring Data
JPA with Hibernate as the ORM implementation, to remove a lot of the need
to tediously define queries by way of its repository support [1].

More broadly, as the release notes indicated, we hope that it will be
possible to run Apache Isis either on top of a Spring (perhaps eventually
even get it integrated into their start.spring.io page), but also on top of
JEE MicroProfile for those who prefer not to have a Spring dependency.

When will this be done?  Short answer: when it's ready; but we're putting
in a concerted effort for the first half of this year and hope to make some
substantive progress in that direction.

HTH

Thanks
Dan