isis-users mailing list archives

From Leandro D'Agostino <L.D'Agost...@pocos.nl>
Subject Persistance errors are returned through the REST API
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:11:30 GMT
Hi all,

We do a call to the REST API. Then in the API an entity is being
persisted to the DB. We do a flush so we can handle a possible Exception
(like a duplicate). Although we catch this Exception and create a
response ourselves, we receive a 500 HTML error in the return message,
including the complete stack trace.
Is it a known issue that this error is generated including the stack trace?

The code to handle persisting to the DB:

try {
   persistIfNotAlready(X);
   // flush to DB so we can catch a possible Exception, like a duplicate key
   flushTransaction();
} catch (Exception e) {
   // handleException
}