isis-users mailing list archives

From Brian K <harvestmoon...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-compiler-plugin upgrade in v2 branch causing regression
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 22:28:26 GMT
I tracked down a test failure that involved calling a SOAP web service with
CXF code that was generated as part of the build cycle from the live
service's WSDL.  the SimpleApp pom has an entry in it that reads:
        <!-- override incode-build -->
        <maven-compiler-plugin.version>3.8.0</maven-compiler-plugin.version>

Bringing this line into my project (created with the 2.0.0-M1 SimpleApp
archetype) causes an error in this test where it receives an xml element
with a namespace and is expecting an empty namespace, effectively ignoring
the annotation @WebResult in the generated client code:
@WebResult(name = "pdfDoc", targetNamespace = "http://adobe.com/idp/services
")
    public com.adobe.idp.services.BLOB invoke(....

I might create an example project for this and raise a ticket.  Is there a
compelling reason to go to version 3.8 from 3.1?

Thanks,
Brian