isis-users mailing list archives

From Marc Fargas <teleni...@telenieko.com>
Subject Re: DataNucleus enhancer on multimodule projects
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:38:20 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM Marc Fargas <telenieko@telenieko.com>
> > Documentation recommends that, after some playing around with the Hello
> > World, you go with the archetype that comes with a multimodule app. Which
> > is awesome as you get a nice long term structure from the start.
> >
> > My problem is with the enhancer though. Following the steps to make
> > IntelliJ work I shall call
> > "mvn datanucleusenhancer  -o" and there are screenshots etc but... This is
> > not for multimodule projects.
> >
> > Of course, Option A) would be to add the task for every module I have on
> > the Run Configuration.
> > But, and the reason I write you, Is there an Option B) by which I can call
> > datanucleusenhancer on all modules without manually listing them?
> >
> You need to enhance only the 'dom' module, the one that contains your
> domain objects.

Yup, but as far as I understand, I shall have a 'dom' module inside
every application module. For example, estatio has "agreement",
"party" and "asset" modules all of which have a "dom" part.

(Note that estatio has different modules but not different Maven modules)

The recommended setup (and the one created by the archetype) is to
have different maven modules, initially: appdefn, module-base,
module-simple, webapp.

So, at the very beggining only module-simple needs enhancement. But
suppose I now clone module-simple to create my own "party" and
"agreement" modules.

At that point I'd need to enhance the three modules so I'd need to
modify my run configurations to do so (Option A) or, magically, tell
maven "run datanucleusenhance on all the submodules that have such
target"

> > Of course, Option A) would be to add the task for every module I have on
> > the Run Configuration.
> > But, and the reason I write you, Is there an Option B) by which I can call
> > datanucleusenhancer on all modules without manually listing them?

It is also possible I did not properly understand the recommended
setup and I'm on a totally wrong path!

Thanks,
Marc