isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject 2.0.0-M1 RC1 voting underway
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2018 14:21:36 GMT
Hi folks,

I've just started a vote for 2.0.0-M1 (RC1) over on the dev@ list [1]

I don't normally advertise new releases here until they've been voted
through, but there's a lot of changes in this release, so I thought it
worth flagging early for some potential additional testing from our "user"
community.  Those changes include:

- run on Java 8 only
- removal of many deprecated annotations and services  (some still remain
in applib-legacy, a new module)
- upgrade to DataNucleus 5.1.x (in fact, this is pluggable, so DN 4.1.x is
also supported)
- support for meta-annotations (for both Isis annotations and DN 5.x)
- upgrade to Wicket 8
- better support for JEE
- upgrade to RestEasy 3, provisional support for RestEasy 4 (again, this is
pluggable)
- support for JUnit 5 for unit and integ tests
- new WrapperFactory implementation based on bytebuddy, deprecating use of
javassist (again, this is pluggable)
- new breadcrumbs support
- alpha support for table/tree views

There's still work to be done on the documentation, but in the meantime if
you want an early look at this next release and help us validate this
milestone, please go over to the dev@ list and vote.

Many thanks
Dan
Apache Isis committer/PMC

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/54495e0b074c80feda05da6945f989a0bcd50ed348c3e86382b15985@%3Cdev.isis.apache.org%3E
--
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is from Haywood Associates Ltd (Registered Number
3525455) and it and its attachments may be confidential and are intended