isis-users mailing list archives

From Andi Huber <ahu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: deploying apache isis war file to tomcat 8.5.31 problem
Date Sun, 27 May 2018 05:48:06 GMT
Hi Gerrie,

most time I do see these kind of issues, the reason is class-loading related. From what you
describe I'd have a look at your tomcat installation and make sure that there is no jar file
clash:

Tomcat loads classes from different places before it locks up your deployed WAR file. Also
you may try to purge any files left over from previous deployments, before giving it another
try. (If you are deploying within an IDE eg. Eclipse, there are additional folders you have
to be aware of, where file might be left over from previous deployments.)

Hope that helps.

Cheers Andi.

On 2018/05/27 04:48:49, Gerrie Myburgh <gerrie.myburgh@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have changed simple app to incude another module and tried to deploy it to tomcat.
But when the application starts up in tomcat I get the following error.
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.isis.applib.AppManifestAbstract$Builder.withConfigurationPropertiesFile(Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/isis/applib/AppManifestAbstract$Builder;
at domainapp.application.manifest.DomainAppAppManifest.<clinit>(DomainAppAppManifest.java:38)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:488) at java.base/java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:560)
at org.apache.isis.core.commons.factory.InstanceUtil.createInstance(InstanceUtil.java:125)
at org.apache.isis.core.commons.factory.InstanceUtil.createInstance(InstanceUtil.java:103)
at org.apache.isis.core.commons.factory.InstanceUtil.createInstance(InstanceUtil.java:42)
at org.apache.isis.core.runtime.systemusinginstallers.IsisComponentProviderUsingInstallers.appManifestFrom(IsisComponentProviderUsingInstallers.java:92)
at org.apache.isis.core.runtime.systemusinginstallers.IsisComponentProviderUsingInstallers.<init>(IsisComponentProviderUsingInstallers.java:54)
at org.apache.isis.core.runtime.runner.IsisInjectModule.provideIsisSessionFactory(IsisInjectModule.java:111)
at org.apache.isis.core.runtime.runner.IsisInjectModule$$FastClassByGuice$$a813f90e.invoke(<generated>)
at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod$FastClassProviderMethod.doProvision(ProviderMethod.java:264)

> As far as I can see I am loading the correct version of the library (isis-core-applib-1.16.2.jar
file) in tomcat as included in the war file. When the program runs in IDEA IDE with jetty
it runs with no problems. The code where the problem originates from is :