isis-users mailing list archives

From SE Song <seson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customize UI behavior
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 06:57:37 GMT
I already create a repository here https://github.com/sesong11/ApacheIsisZK
and create ZK VM here
https://github.com/sesong11/ApacheIsisZK/blob/master/webapp/src/main/java/domainapp/webapp/zkvm/SampleVM.java

Now another issue on integrating ZK, I can't Inject my repository on ZK VM,
Everything ok, excepted Injecting Service, it always null.

The problem is ZK initiate VM using Contructor, @PostConstruct on ZK VM has
never been called. Can you please help me how to Inject service outside of
container, or guide me another possible ways

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM, SE Song <sesong11@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm building an business process application, we manage staff information
> and request form such as Leave Request, OT, IT Form...
> each form mush has at least employee info, and form detail...
>
> Auto generate UI is very good idea, e.s it's testable too. But Management
> are not developer, it's very difficult to convince them about changing
> their ideas, they always ask what they want.
> They always concern about look and feel at first.
>
> I will create a repository for integrate  Apache Isis and ZK framework for
> UI, If everything go well, I will use ZK for Frontend Layer and
> Presentation Layer,
> and Apache Isis for Business Logic, Business Model and Data Layer. I also
> concern about integrating ZK VM to Isis Repository too, because ZK use
> Constructor out site container,
> so Inject Service maybe impossible or difficult. But I will try and post
> on Github
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Dan Haywood <
> dan@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If the behaviour of the text field in particular is problematic, then you
>> can develop and plug in a different implementation using the Wicket
>> framework.  The Wicket viewer guide has details on how to do this
>> (fullcalendar2, gmap3 use this API).
>>
>> That said...
>>
>> You said your pages are form heavy, and are all view models. I wonder
>> therefore whether you are fighting the framework too much.  Why are you
>> using view models rather than just surface entities? Why do your users
>> need
>> so much  information on a single page - what use cases are you trying to
>> support? Where is this app on the "problem solver Vs process follower"
>> axis?
>>
>> One option for you might be to use Isis as a development environment (to
>> build a good quality domain model) but then write a custom UI, eg in ZK on
>> top of it. Obviously this throws out one of the framework's key features,
>> but you get full flexibility to do whatever. Or, you could use the Rest
>> api
>> to accomplish the same.
>>
>> But, I do suggest you also try to work within the constraints of the
>> framework, and see what that gives you. We know of plenty of "problem
>> solver" type apps that are out there that work well enough without lots of
>> customisations.
>>
>> Hth,
>> Dan.
>>

>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 12:11 SE Song, <sesong11@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, I am learning about it. And another option for me is using ZK
>> > framework for UI
>> >
>> > On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Rade, Joerg / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham
>> GI-DP <

I've not had
>> the
>> in