isis-users mailing list archives

From SE Song <seson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customize UI behavior
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 03:47:05 GMT
Thank for your advice,

First, I though that integrating Isis with ZK is an easy task, but I spend
many days without any task done. Now I don't know what should I do next,
last option is using restful object, but I hate writing UI (Javascript +
HTML + CSS), it's a lot of time consuming.

I have started develop without any knowledge base even Java EE(JDO, CDI,
ORM,...), So I decide to learn Apache Wicket and Java EE, before I start
Apache Isis again.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com
> [...]

> like a spreadsheet.
>
> Some forms can be very complex, but are a process follower idiom rather
> than a problem solver one. Ultimately the data collected in a form has to
> find a use, maybe this will be simply for analysis via queries on a
> database,      However, to have the two idioms coexisting when necessary,
> seems nice to have.
>
> I had a potential project recently that was more of a content management
> system need, lots safety documents, and of forms for people to fill in to
> prove they had read and understood. Apache Isis didn't seem that good a fit
> in total, but for parts it was  very good, the management parts. Using the
> security module, via the meta-model, was very powerful in getting a MVP
> done quickly.
>
> Thinking outside the box in regards to a presentation layer, I am a fan of
> XQuery, which though originating to manipulate XML documents, is designed
> around a more general meta-model (of sequences) essentially. So the data
> source can be anything. This flexibility led to a platform called XRX
> (XForms, REST, XQuery) that sadly went nowhere.
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM, SE Song <sesong11@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sesong11@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> > Moving off isn't my option, because I love Apache Isis anyways. Only one
> > thing that I doesn't like is UI, that's why I try to use ZK as my UI. I
> > know I'm going to throws out one of the framework's key features, but
> > Apache
> > Isis isn't just a tool for generate UI, there are a lot more features.
> >
> > ZK isn't just a viewer or Frontend Layer, it also has Presentation Layer,
> > On my previous project I use ZK & JDBC using Constructor. while Apache
> Isis
> > using Dependency Injection @Inject, But I don't have a lot of experience
> on
> > this. I also doubt what I'm trying to do the wrong ways. But If this
> > possible, I will be able to build a greate development environment. So I
> > try all options that maybe possible for me and meet my requirement.
> >
> > It also has advantage for a Framework which be able to integrate with
> other
> > Framework for multiple options.
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Stephen Cameron <
> > steve.cameron.62@gmail.com
> > <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','steve.cameron.62@gmail.com');>
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I seriously doubt this can work in the way you imagine.
> > >
> > > You'd have to write a whole new ZK based viewer (like the standard
> Wicket
> > > one).  See the org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.* packages (4 jars) in
> the
> > > Maven dependencies of the webapp.
> > >
> > > Maybe Dan is suggesting to move off Apache Isis once you are happy with
> > > your domain model, so Apache Isis is only used for prototyping?

Nagel /
> > Ham

> yet?

Textbox.