isis-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customize UI behavior
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:08:38 GMT
Another idea that might be useful is to use mass update actions, simply an
action with many parameters, each one corresponding to a property of the
class. If you position these actions in the header panel of fieldsets they
can be used in a more standard 'form filling out' manner. They do take a
bit of work to create, do them last I suggest, once all your validation
logic is defined for individual properties.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com
> wrote:

> More details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxewC5Pve5k
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Stephen Cameron <
> steve.cameron.62@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried using tabs via the xxx.layout.xml?
>>
>> My pages aren't more than one screen height and I've not had the other
>> problems that you indicate, Apache Isis doesn't submit a form in the sense
>> of an HTML <form> element, each click of OK submits the updated value to
>> the database.
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:36 PM, SE Song <sesong11@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> After presentation Apache Isis to my manager, what he doesn't like is UI,
>>> Because the application which I am developing is HR System, which has a
>>> lot
>>> of form, so UX is very important for us.
>>>
>>> After Using Apache Isis for a while I have some problem on UI behavior as
>>> bellow:
>>> 1. When I click on the control it always scroll to top, so if my from has
>>> 2x of screen high, user will very difficult for input data.
>>> 2. When user click on a textbox it always show "OK" and "Cancel" button,