isis-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customize UI behavior
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 09:21:31 GMT
Hi,

I seriously doubt this can work in the way you imagine.

You'd have to write a whole new ZK based viewer (like the standard Wicket
one).  See the org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.* packages (4 jars) in the
Maven dependencies of the webapp.

Maybe Dan is suggesting to move off Apache Isis once you are happy with
your domain model, so Apache Isis is only used for prototyping?

Steve

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:57 PM, SE Song <sesong11@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> https://github.com/sesong11/ApacheIsisZK/blob/master/webapp/src/main/java/
> domainapp/webapp/zkvm/SampleVM.java
>
> Now another issue on integrating ZK, I can't Inject my repository on ZK VM,
> Everything ok, excepted Injecting Service, it always null.
>
> The problem is ZK initiate VM using Contructor, @PostConstruct on ZK VM has
> never been called. Can you please help me how to Inject service outside of
> container, or guide me another possible ways
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM, SE Song <sesong11@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm building an business process application, we manage staff information
> > and request form such as Leave Request, OT, IT Form...
> > each form mush has at least employee info, and form detail...
> >
> > Auto generate UI is very good idea, e.s it's testable too. But Management
> > are not developer, it's very difficult to convince them about changing
> > their ideas, they always ask what they want.
> > They always concern about look and feel at first.
> >
> > I will create a repository for integrate  Apache Isis and ZK framework
> for
> > UI, If everything go well, I will use ZK for Frontend Layer and
> > Presentation Layer,
> > and Apache Isis for Business Logic, Business Model and Data Layer. I also
> > concern about integrating ZK VM to Isis Repository too, because ZK use
> > Constructor out site container,
> > so Inject Service maybe impossible or difficult. But I will try and post
> > on Github
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Dan Haywood <
> > dan@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> If the behaviour of the text field in particular is problematic, then
> you
> >> can develop and plug in a different implementation using the Wicket
> >> framework.  The Wicket viewer guide has details on how to do this
> >> (fullcalendar2, gmap3 use this API).
> >>
> >> That said...
> >>
> >> You said your pages are form heavy, and are all view models. I wonder
> >> therefore whether you are fighting the framework too much.  Why are you
> >> using view models rather than just surface entities? Why do your users
> >> need
> >> so much  information on a single page - what use cases are you trying to
> >> support? Where is this app on the "problem solver Vs process follower"
> >> axis?
> >>
> >> One option for you might be to use Isis as a development environment (to
> >> build a good quality domain model) but then write a custom UI, eg in ZK
> on
> >> top of it. Obviously this throws out one of the framework's key
> features,
> >> but you get full flexibility to do whatever. Or, you could use the Rest
> >> api
> >> to accomplish the same.
> >>
> >> But, I do suggest you also try to work within the constraints of the
> >> framework, and see what that gives you. We know of plenty of "problem
> >> solver" type apps that are out there that work well enough without lots

VM. It just

> v=MxewC5Pve5k

> >> the
> form