isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Isis basic queries
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 07:11:45 GMT
Hi Nikhil,

thanks for trying out the framework.

• I am assuming based on  @DomainObject annotation the class will be
> visible in wicket viewer ?

Actually, it's not necessary to add that annotaion

> if not is there a link where you can point me to understand what places I
> should make changes to register new objects visible in the menu.

The framework does classpath scanning to find services (@DomainService).
The packages that it uses are those of the modules returned by
AppManifest#getModules(), along with any additional services explicitly
registered in AppManifest#getAdditionalServices().  See [1]

>From the services, the framework builds out its metamodel dynamically;
discovering other types such as Practice entity from the parameters and
return types of the methods in those services.

> • Will two unrelated Objects like simpleObject and Practice  be correctly
> represented by Apache isis?

Yes, assuming that you've registered a module that is in a parent package
of the PracticeMenu.

HTH... any other questions, please do ask.

Cheers
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgcms/rgcms.html#_rgcms_classes_AppManifest-bootstrapping