isis-users mailing list archives

From Anisha Jaiswal <anishakjais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Isis version 1.15.0 Released
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 14:23:50 GMT
Hi Dan,

This is great !
I upgraded my application to v1.15.0.

I wanted to use inline prompts for action methods, but somehow have not
been able to make it work.
I noticed that the default behaviour for editing of properties is now
inline and it looks nice.

I wanted to use my action method also to not create a modal but accept the
input parameter inline.
So i set the attribute promptStyle to PromptStyle.INLINE in the annotation
@ActionLayout...like this :

@SuppressWarnings("serial")
public static class TestDomainEvent extends
org.apache.isis.applib.services.eventbus.ActionDomainEvent<Test> {}

@Action(
            domainEvent = TestDomainEvent.class
    )
@ActionLayout( promptStyle=PromptStyle.INLINE)
public void test(
@ParameterLayout(named="Test String")
final String temp
) {
System.out.println("the temp string is "+temp);
return;
    }

But i am still getting the modal dialog.
Please help me understand where i am going wrong in using this
functionality.

Thanks and regards,
Anisha