isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: DOM folder - where is it hiding?
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:09:07 GMT
Actually, in the 1.14.0 version of the simpleapp archetype the 'dom',
'fixture' and 'integtests' module have all been moved.

Instead, you'll see a module/simple (or it might be called module-simple)
which contains each of these modules.

The idea is to support modular development, so each module provides its own
fixtures and can have its own unit tests (which it already did) and also
integration tests.

The 'app' module meanwhile has "smoke" integ tests which exercise the whole
app.  I've left the BDD cucumber tests there also.

We're slowly refactoring our Estatio app [1] to follow this structure.  I
also discussed modular apps in a pair of articles on InfoQ [2], [3]

Hope that makes sense.

Dan

[1] http://github.com/estatio/estatio

[2] https://www.infoq.com/articles/monolith-defense-part-1