isis-users mailing list archives

From ke...@kmz.co.za
Subject Using a custom value type with @Version still supported?
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:45:48 GMT
Hi,

Is @Value(semanticsProviderClass=...) still supported?

I have a "Location" value semantics provider that represents a Location
as 3 integers ("x;y;z"), but it does not seem to be used as I expect.

Do I need to do anything special, other than have the provider declared?

@Value(semanticsProviderClass = LocationSemanticsProvider.class)
public class Location implements Serializable {
}

After adding a "Location" property to the SimpleObject generated from
the archetype I don't see it being picked up and used by DataNucleus...

@javax.jdo.annotations.Column(allowsNull = "true", length = 40)
@Property(editing = Editing.ENABLED)
@Setter @Getter
Location location;

The to/from string methods of the LocationSemanticsProvider are being
called, but the property is not being persisted...

There is no corresponding column in the created table..

20:38:32,414  [Schema               main       DEBUG]  CREATE TABLE
"simple"."SimpleObject"
(
     "id" BIGINT GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY,
     "map" VARCHAR(255) NULL,
     "name" VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
     "notes" VARCHAR(4000) NULL,
     "version" TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
     CONSTRAINT "SimpleObject_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("id")
)

Cheers,
Kevin