isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Refresh of referenced objects titles with custom layout
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 21:17:11 GMT
Hi Deacon,

Thanks for the thanks!

With respect to that problem, I believe this is ISIS-1396 [1].  Yes, it is
a Wicket viewer bug, which has always been there I think, but only now
showing up with the new layout.xml.  Anyway, it is fixed in
1.13.0-SNAPSHOT; perhaps you could build from source [2] and see if it
addresses the issue.

With respect to your query about updating(), what do you mean exactly by
the "value of the changed object".  I suppose if the object has changed
because of a property edit, then you might mean the old/new values of that
property?  But the object might be changed because of an action invocation,
in which case many of its property values will have changed.

Perhaps what might help is to use
@DomainObject(updatingLifecycleEvent=...).  This is just a lightweight
layer on top of the JDO lifecycle events, but to save you having to dig
down to the JDO PersistenceManager.  Maybe that would do the job for you?

Alternatively, if you do need fine-grained visibility of changes in state,
then there's the AuditingService3 API that you could implement.

HTH
Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1396
[2] http://isis.apache.org/guides/dg.html#_dg_building-isis