isis-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Edit modes in Apache Isis
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 02:36:22 GMT
I know this has been discussed previously, but it seems such a central
thing that I have to add my two-bits worth again.

Re: "it positions the framework away from the common perception of it being
a CRUD framework;"

Any database application is at its core a CRUD application, unless its view
only. So the key thing, surely, is to show people how much more Isis can do
and how easily. It seems you want to be deliberately unfamiliar to users in
order to show that its different to those other 'CRUD in five minutes'
frameworks.

Making a group of properties read-only and providing an action to update
all the properties together is a useful pattern, but you seem to be
suggesting that this is the right way to do it everywhere because Estatio
is done that way.

I think the in-situ editing will be good as a default behaviour.

On the upside, I think Isis is now a very sweet framework to use in many,
many aspects. There is still alot for me to learn, but I am keen to do
that, and try to convince others of its merits too.

Cheers
Steve