isis-users mailing list archives

From Erik de Hair <e.deh...@pocos.nl>
Subject Replacing Wicket page elements in 1.12.x
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 15:37:34 GMT
Hi,

In Apache Isis 1.11.x we replaced the collection contents component so
we could use another kind of repeating view [1] depending on the entity
type contained in a collection.

In 1.12.x it looks like the EntityCollectionPanel isn't created by a
(overrideable) factory anymore but is created by a direct call for the
constructor of the EntityCollectionPanel in the Col-class. To get the
same results as we had before, we now have to do something like this in
the buildGui()-method of Col (after copying the class to our webapp):

for(CollectionLayoutData collection : collections) {

     finalString id = collectionRv.newChildId();
     finalEntityModel entityModelWithHints = getModel().cloneWithLayoutMetadata(collection);

     if(entityModelWithHints.getObject().getObject()instanceofSearchResultsPage) {
         finalSearchResultsCollectionContentsPanel collectionPanel =newSearchResultsCollectionContentsPanel(id,
entityModelWithHints);
         collectionRv.add(collectionPanel);
     }
     else
     {
         finalEntityCollectionPanel collectionPanel =newEntityCollectionPanel(id, entityModelWithHints);
         collectionRv.add(collectionPanel);
     }
}

Is this the only way to do this (right now) or is there some more
dynamic way?

Thanks,
Erik

[1] https://imgur.com/KcQ2Qlo