isis-users mailing list archives

From C├ęsar Camilo Lugo Marcos <cesar.l...@sisorg.com.mx>
Subject Concurrency
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 18:45:14 GMT
Hello,

We have sarted performing some stress tests to our Apache ISIS
application. We have found this behavior:

- If we run 1 concurrent user, average response times to the main object
reads through the wicket viewer are from 1 to 1.5 seconds.
- If we run 2 concurrent users, same transactions go to average response
times up to 16 to 27 seconds.
- If we run 10 concurrent users, the transactions start to slow down
significantly until the app server freezes and we have to restart it.

As you can see, this is a very significant increase in response time for
such a slight change in user load (from 1 user to 2 users). So we are
guessing we should look into the concurrency control.

In the documentation I have found that the only way to influence the way
Apache ISIS manages transactions and concurrency checking is by using
the semantics configuration of the ACTION annotation.

semantics=SAFE_AND_REQUEST_CACHEABLE
semantics=SAFE
semantics=IDEMPOTENT
semantics=IDEMPOTENT_ARE_YOU_SURE
semantics=NON_IDEMPOTENT
semantics=NON_IDEMPOTENT_ARE_YOU_SURE

I just wanted to confirm if this is the place to look into, or are there
any other places where we should be looking into too, to solve the
performance issue.

Cesar.