isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Add tenancy programtically
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 22:11:39 GMT
Four ways of doing this:

1. direct: in the action that creates the Business object, eg
createBusiness(...), have it call an injected ApplicationTenancyRepository
to create a corresponding ApplicationTenancy

2. using a subscriber: define a custom subclass of ActionDomainEvent, eg
CreateBusinessDomainEvent, and have a subscriber listen for that.  In the
EXECUTING or EXECUTED phase, create the ApplicationTenancy, again using an
injected ApplicationTenancy

3. use IsisJdoSupport to register a direct JDO lifecycle event listener for
the JDO persisting event: public void preStore(InstanceLifecycleEvent
event) .  Note this is called for both INSERTs and UPDATEs

4. if using 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT, then have a subscriber listen to
ObjectPersistingEvent or ObjectPersistedEvent, and create the corresponding
ApplicationTenancy there.

HTH
Dan