isis-users mailing list archives

From Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>
Subject Thinking about re-introducing UML in our workflow
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:45:08 GMT

Hi all.

I’m considering re-introducing UML Class diagrams in our workflow mainly for:
- graphically design the domain entities.
- modeling relationships.
- agree with names of properties, collections and actions needed.

It would be wonderful if the UML solution could also be “integrated” with Apache Isis
or Java, automating at least the entities Java skeleton generation.

I’ve worked extensively with Rational Rose and Sparx EnterpriseArchitect, but was thinking
about an Eclipse-based solution that could “potentially” be adapted to generate the Java
entities with Isis annotations.

Before joining the Apache Isis community I developed [1] for Enterprise Architect for automatically
generating Spring Roo-based classes, but Isis was better suited for our project and I abandoned
it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oscar